fisha's
memoria
fisha's memoria
  • i
  • ii
  • +
  • Inferiority
    Monday | 10:53 am | 0 comments

    How does it feel to her, genius and attractive at the same time? It must be great.

     

    Have you ever feel encountered this kind of feeling before? I think, yes. It can't be help, the feeling of insecurity often emerges in our tiny mere heart sometimes and be incessant rhythm that constantly pierce our boundless stagnant atmosphere. Indeed, in my opinion, insecurity can lead to low self-esteem and continuous duress. I have been through this before too, especially when I was in high school since I was too young and "dumb". Whenever I scrolled and saw great random strangers' picture in Instagram, it adversely affect my inferiority and I couldn't explain my inexplicable thought. Also, sometimes people would compare you with another person even though it is absolutely unnecessary.

     

    How do I fight this feeling? How do I get rid of insecurity?

     

    First and foremost, I just realized that nothing changed if I keep comparing my life with others'. It is truly wasting my time, perhaps it will be better if I spend my time improving my quality of life like reading books to broaden my horizon or jogging to clear my mind. The next method to alleviate the pain of insecurity is enabling "airplane mode", lol just like your phone, you would neither receive messages from your friends anymore nor even line connection. Thus, you seem like don't care about everyone and focusing on yourself instead. Or in aggressive way, "idgaf mode". Recently, I have watched a TedTalk video, primarily focusing on how to not give a fish to thing that mess you up. Firstly, list up things that utterly disturbing your mind. For instance:

     

    1. FYP due date is near, but my groupmates are shit.
    2. Family party is on this Sunday, but I don't want to meet my relatives. My mom would compare me to them as they are better than me in numerous areas; academic, looks, behaviors.
    3. My bestfriend is literally a goddess; beautiful, smart and rich, everyone focuses on her when both of us walk side by side. Every boys would ask for her number through me. I don't deserve her, she is too kind. I am totally opposite of her.
    4. Final exam is around the corner yet I still haven't open my Calculus textbook even an inch.

     

    List out things that made you feeling insecure, instead write positive things or I don’t give a fish.

     

     

    1. FYP due date is near, but my groupmates are shit.
    2. Family party is on this Sunday, but I don't want to meet my relatives. My mom would compare me to them as they are better than me in numerous areas; academic, looks, behaviors. I DON’T GIVE A FISH, IT HURTS BUT I'M GONNA TELL ABOUT MY FEELING TO MY MOTHER AFTER THIS.
    3. My bestfriend is literally a goddess; beautiful, smart and rich, everyone focuses on her when both of us walk side by side. Every boys would ask for her number through me. I don't deserve her, she is too kind. I am totally opposite of her.I AM ABSOLUTELY PROUD OF MY BESTFRIEND. I ALWAYS TELL ABOUT HER ACHIEVEMENT TO MY FRIENDS AND LITTLE DID I KNOW, APPARENTLY, SHE IS PROUD OF ME TOO AND OFTEN TELL ABOUT MY KINDNESS TO HER FAMILY.
    4. Final exam is around the corner yet I still haven't open my Calculus textbook even an inch.

     

    For the second problem, which is always frequently being compared especially to our cousins, it hurts verily. Our odyssey are different, each of us has fated to a different destiny. It would be unfair to compare ourselves to someone else. I always believe that everyone has its own uniqueness, but it depends, sometimes they don't  acknowledge their power. As a good friend, I often compliment my friends even though just random things especially they who always feel insecure about themselves cuz it would make them feel better.

     

    How do I make myself feel better? As I growing up, I don't feel insecure anymore *sometimes I feel it, it is an inevitable feeling*. I try to not give a single d*mn fish about it cuz as I said before, everyone is fated to different destiny and each person is extraordinary but we have to discover our power first. Instead, I'm focusing on myself to be a better person like self-improvement; hone my skill or doing skincare routines or anything that can bring satisfaction to me.

     

    That's all for today, I hope you have a great day ahead!

     

     

     



    Older Post Newer Post

    Credit: fully-coded by Fisha