fisha's
memoria
fisha's memoria
  • i
  • ii
  • +
  • Me, We & Them
    Friday | 7:06 pm | 0 comments

    Hello there! I hope everyone have a bright and fun today. Let's skip to my main intention today, which is to tell some magic how to not take things personally. Thinking negatively would have grave repercussions as we would live in severe duress that can lead to low self-esteem and social anxiety. Recently, I have watched a TedTalk video by Frederik Imbo which is primarily talk about what we are gonna do to not take things PERSONALLY. Unquestionably, after watching the video, I can feel myself devolving into a thoughtful person.

    The main formula is, to think that 'It's not me' and 'It's me'. Based on my understanding, "It's not me" taught me this world doesn't revolve around me only. For instance, I walked leisurely in the supermarket since I didn't find any grocery written in the list. Out of blue, the person who behind me, pushed me away without any hesitation and gives me a 'death' long stare. Not to forget, he also muttered "stupid" under his breath. Undoubtedly, I would take that thing personally and it would surely haunt me for the next 10 years every time I am gonna sleep.  Nonetheless, if I reconceive this hapless event again, ostensibly it was not about me. Perhaps that man was in hurry, and I rethink again, there was an inhaler in his left hand. Thus, I made an assumption that there was an emergency (?) and eventually I felt a bit better. I won't think that again.

    On the other hand, not all of "unfortunate events" are "it is about we". Sometimes, it could be me. Wait, why? Okay, imagine, you have made arduous effort on your final project. Woefully, your boss didn't appreciate it, he said "Stop being pompous, Anna. You need to understand the base deeply first". Then, you just realized that you did wrong and apparently it was true that you were being  pompous ass before. In my humble opinion, "it's me" method is prominent and great method to do self-reflection. Hence, you can fix your weakness and be a better person.

    Hey, what if people laughing at me for being a nerd wearing Star Wars hoodie in the café?  Shall I apply "It's me" or "It's we"?

    Okay, for that special case,lemme add my own method, which is "It's them".  Truly, absolutely, certainly, most of us have encountered this kind of breed at least once in our life. Key: "most of us". As a nerd in my high school, I have been laughed cuz I am fond of weird things. Well, describe a nerd: math, sci-fi, Star Wars and so on. I just realized that I just did an effective method throughout of my life and it worked wonderfully, perhaps I could tell this method to the person who is currently reading this sithposting. *oops, it is unintentional*. Okay, let's transitioning to my method, I gonna call it as "It's them". It is their fault to laugh at you. In my opinion, they have self-problem, for instance: perhaps they are not being exposed to sci-fi things like Star Wars before.  Okay, true story,  I was laughed by my classmate cuz I used dictionary to find the meaning of a word even though she didn't know the meaning of it. Thus, I assumed that perhaps she didn't want to hone her vocabulary as I was and definitely in our final exam, I got higher marks than her. I am not trying to be a self-narcissist but eventually it's all about my feeling, thus I don't want to hurt my myself. 

    That's all for today. Thank you for reading this post.


    Newer Post

    Credit: fully-coded by Fisha